The Coalition forms a public policy agenda through consensus. Below is the policy agenda revised in 2019.
Coalition Policy Goals
- Reduction of tobacco use and vaping to improve Missouri oral health.
- Incorporation of oral health care in school-based health care.
- Expanded coverage of and access to silver diamine fluoride for all Missourians.
- Improvement of MO HealthNet by implementing best practices and system improvements to increase provider participation and MO HealthNet participant usage
- Inclusion of a comprehensive dental benefit in MO HealthNet
- Protection and expansion of public water system fluoridation
- Expansion of access to dental sealants for children without routine dental care
- Inclusion of a comprehensive dental benefit in Medicare
- Implementation of a statewide public awareness campaign about the importance of oral health to overall health
- Strengthening provider networks and expansion of service delivery of dental care for high-risk, vulnerable, MO HealthNet and uninsured populations, including people with disabilities and special health care needs
- Incorporation of oral health in the patient-centered medical home
Previously on the Coalition's Policy Agenda and accomplished –
*Reinstatement of MO HealthNet dental benefits for adults, including prevention and treatment
Policy Statement on Reinstatement of MO HealthNet Adult Dental Benefits
*Reinstatement of the Dental Director position at the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Dental Director Policy Statement
*Establishment of an oral health caucus in the Missouri General Assembly.